Advanced Audio Settings
System administrators can choose to enable access to advanced system audio parameters via the Phone HD to provide non-administrators the ability to change the system audio preferences. This feature is helpful for meeting spaces that are divisible or where furniture is often rearranged depending on intended use.
- For example, switching from a traditional meeting room setup, with a central table and chairs using the Lifesize Phone HD as the microphone and speaker, to a classroom or briefing style configuration with rows of chairs and a lectern using third-party ceiling or hand held microphones with an external DSP (Digital Signal Processor) to handle the in-room audio.
When the Show Advanced Audio Settings option is enabled in the system web UI, the Phone HD displays the following additional user accessible controls under System > System Settings:
- Speaker – Allows the selection of the audio output
- Valid options are Line Out, Phone HD, or HDMI Out
- Mic – Allows the selection of microphone input sources
- Valid options are Line In or Phone HD
- External Audio Processor – Enables a user to reconfigure the system for use with an external audio solution
- This option is the same as enabling/disabling Audio Integrator Mode via the system web UI or command line interface.
- Audio Gain – Allows a user to select the audio input gain
- Valid options for the analogue line input are Line Level, Mic Level, or Mic with Boost
For more information on enabling this feature, refer to Configuring System Behavior.