Attending Third-party Meetings
Launching a third-party meeting
If you’ve been invited to a meeting on a third-party platform, joining that meeting directly from the meeting room system is easy.
Note: Your system administrator must enable Lifesize Connect Plus for this feature to work.
To attend a meeting on a third-party platform from your Icon room system, do the following:
- Click the right arrow on the Lifesize Phone HD touchscreen to display more options.
- Click the Apps button. The Meeting Solution Selection page displays on your room system monitor.
- Using the attached keyboard and mouse/trackpad, click the button for the type of meeting you want to open: Microsoft Teams, Cisco Webex, Google Meet, or Zoom. The system displays a status message on the Lifesize Phone HD touchscreen.
Note: If you select the wrong third-party meeting service, use the Back button on the Phone HD touchscreen to return to the previous page and select the correct service.
Important: During this process, the main room display may go blank (black) for a few seconds while the system changes configuration to support the third-party web app. At the same time, the system is placed into “Do Not Disturb” mode and automatically rejects incoming calls to the system via Lifesize or the SIP telephone extension.
- Log into the meeting using the appropriate meeting ID and password.
Note: You may be able to select the camera, microphone, and speaker sources when running calls. Avoid altering these settings, as changing the default settings may cause system stability issues.
- Continue through any additional screens until you are on the meeting screen.
During Your Meeting
Once the third-party web app has launched, use the keyboard and mouse/trackpad to drive all its features, which will be shown on the main meeting room display.
Note: The Phone HD touchscreen provides only basic user controls:
- Volume: Allows you to adjust the audio volume.
- Swap: Allows you to swap what displays between the chosen third-party web app or a shared presentation (i.e., any video source connected to the room system HDMI input).
Note: In Cisco Webex, Swap moves your cursor to the next web app button.
- Camera: Allows you to pan, tilt, and zoom the camera position or recall a preset setting.
- Microphone: The Lifesize Phone HD status LEDs illuminate purple (red + blue) to show that the microphone is active and ready to send audio.
- Back: Allows you to browse to the previous page in history.
Microphone mute, video privacy, and other call controls should be driven using the third-party web app user interface on the main meeting room screen.
After Your Meeting
When the meeting is finished, to return to Lifesize, do the following:
- Click the back arrow on the Phone HD interface.
- Confirm that you would like to return the device to normal operation. A brief message displays on the Phone HD touchscreen as it switches back to Lifesize mode.
Depending on how your administrator sets up your system when you return to Lifesize, all information may be cleared, including your login credentials, chat histories, and cached files, or only system files may clear. A scroll-down notification on the main display lets you know what information has been cleared. If you have any questions about this process, contact your in-house Lifesize system administrator to learn more.
NOTE: Lifesize recommends connecting to third-party meetings as guests, as this is the most convenient workflow and avoids privacy concerns. If you decide to sign in to the chosen third-party meeting platform, remember that those services may cache your login credentials. We recommend signing out from those services after your meeting ends and checking the scroll-down notifications after returning to Lifesize mode to confirm that your personal information has been cleared from the system.