Give a user advanced privileges
Lifesize admins can grant users permission to access the admin console and manage other users, meetings and systems.
- Log in to the admin console.
- Click Users from the navigation menu.
- Find the user in the directory and click the user’s name.
- In the Edit user tab, enable the Give user access to the admin console option.
- Click Save.
Licensed users can be assigned one of three roles within the Lifesize app. These roles and their capabilities are as follows:
- Place and receive calls
- Mute your own audio or video
- Create and own a meeting
- Set or change a passcode for a meeting you own
- Add or remove participants in a meeting you own
- Mute all participants in a meeting you own
- Chat with users or a group (If the administrator has enabled chat)
- Live stream a meeting (if the administrator has enabled the meeting room for live streaming)
- Record a meeting (if the administrator has enabled recording)
- Specify who can view a recording for a recording you own
Same permissions as User plus:
- View usage reports
- Promote a User to a Superuser
- Demote a Superuser to User
- Manage and delete Superusers and Users
- Manage and delete any meetings that aren’t owned by the Administrator
- Enable or disable chat
- Enable or disable recording
- Enable or disable live streaming on specific meetings
- Enable or disable Lifesize Icon event alerts
- Configure single sign-on (SSO)
- Configure integration with common calendaring services
- Configure dial-in PSTN Phone numbers, Icon wallpaper and meeting layouts
- Restrict the user email domains allowed to create new accounts in the Lifesize app
- Upload a recording
- Automatic moderator controls when joining any meeting in their account
Same permissions as User and Superuser plus:
- Administrator permissions and account cannot be changed or deleted by a User or Superuser.